bullitt

Hello
to continue the bullitt semi-thread they actually used an assortment of
green mustangs-1968 models. the straight line stuff was done with a
390cu motor and all the handling and jumps were done with a 289 equipped
car. They used up a few, but all the driving and double clutch shifting
was done by the man-Mcqueen- hisownself-no dummy steering wheels.This
kind of two motor approach has inspired endless debate among the ground
pounder clubs with the mouse motor (small block) group always partial to
turning:-). Obligatory BMW content: That is what originally interested
me in the Mcars- the e30 m3 was the equivalent of the mouse and the m5/6
stuff was the big block. Recent years of M3 production has blurred the
line but the new M5 will once again relegate the E36 M3 to mouse motor
status<grin-grin>!
I have been a member of the Shelby American auto club since the mid-70's
and never understood those big block guys until I got my M5
Jon Bliese
66gt350 shelby-mouse motor powered
M5
2002tii,73-really a mouse motor