Re: BMW NA's wepage -- RWD/FWD compare

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Jay Snyder wrote:

> It is a nice comparasion, but they have one little piece of
> miss-information.  They cite the lack of CV joints being an
> maintainence advantage of rear wheel drive....  Last I checked,
> BMW uses them in all their cars (independent rear).

 Maybe they should have pointed out instead that CV joints in the rear
don't have the added stress of trasmitting power while the wheel is
turned sharply.  Rear CV joints require a much smaller range of
motion.

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net