BL/SS installation on a E30 M3 some additional notes

     Hi

     Just installed the BL/SS two weeks ago on my '89 M3 and hope these
     random ramblings are useful :

     1. The instructions that came with the kit is very good and I believe
     that you can install BL/SS in 30 mins. But it took me 2.5 hrs I will
     explain later.....

     2. Light, you need a work light. It is dark down there.

     3. The cup removal tool's handle is screw'ed on and mine came off
     after turing it very hard. Ben suggeted some Loctite - great idea.
     Without the handle there is no way to turn the tool to remove the
     nylon cup.

     4. It took me 2.5 hrs because the alumiunum carrier that holds the
     nylon cup that hold short shifer was mounted upside down ! This is
     really strange. I ended up removing the exhaust, drive shaft to get to
     the aluminuim carrier. Turn it righ-side up and then proceeded with
     the normal BL/SS installation. Is it only my E30 M3 ???

     Anyway, after the BL/SS upgrade, the rattling-shifter-at-4k problem
     when away. Love the feel of the shoft-shifter. I actually like the
     slightly notchy feel.

     Upshifting thru 1-2-3-4-5 is great. Down shifting 5-4-3 good and 2-1
     feels OK. Down shifting 3-2 is a bit difficult and needs more effort
     than I'd like.

     But overall I am happy with the upgrade. Even got to talk to Ben about
     my problem.

     Gak
     '89 M3 Sharked & BL/SS'ed