Problem with Brake Pad Installation. Help!!

     Hi guys/gals,

          I ran into a problem when I tried to install the new brake pads
     for my upcoming Watkins Glen school.   What happens is I broke one of
     the three spring clips that are at the back of the pad.  They are
     supposed to go into the circular opening on the piston.   My question
     for fellow digesters is is it safe/ok to install them anyway with only
     two clips on?   Will it cause any potential brake rotor to overheat?
     TIA for any comments, suggestions or personal experiences.

     Regards,

     Peter Li
     NJ BMWCCA
     '95 325is