Re: Waterpump question

Mel asked:

> I saw the posting on E36 waterpump failure.Anybody have similar
> experience with E34 M5 waterpump replacement?My M5 has 56k miles-when is
> a good time to replace the waterpump and are there any telltale signs of
> imminent failure?
> Mel
> 1991 E34 M5,Sharked,SS,B&B,etc.etc.etc.

Right about _NOW_ would be a good time to get the new water pump in
there.  You're right in the range where these things let go.  Mine let
go dramatically right about 110k miles and I could see that the one in
there was a replacement.  Talking to Louis Goldsman I learned that that
was par for the course.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA