Re: <E36> front end vibration

Ali wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a 92 E36 325i with 70K miles and I have been having
this problem lately. When I drive the car first thing in the morning, my
steering wheel vibrates (20mph - 40 mph) like the wheels are not balanced,
but after a few miles, it goes away for the rest of the day. But in
addition to that I also have this consistent problem, quite similar to the
previous one... at 85 mph - 100 mph, similar type of vibration. You
could feel the vibration throughout the car, even as a passenger... it
goes away though at 110mph up. Is there something wrong with my front
end? I'm taking my car to a driving school this October and I want to fix
this problem before I go. Please help.

Ali:
	I don't know if this is the answer, and the time of year we are in doesn't
give me a lot of confidence about this, but......

	I have a 911 that used to do this first things in the morning and then
after a few highway miles it would straighten out.  After a call to my
buddy Walter at Porsche NA (I wonder what happened to him), he suggested
that the tire might be underinflated and cold and therefor temporarily out
of round.  He was right, as always, and problem solved.  Given that it's
still warm out, even in Chicago, and that your problem recurrs at high
speeds, this probably isn't the answer, but you never know.  Good luck.

Donn York
Treasurer, The Interlake Corporation
(630) 719-7247