lurkers beware

Ok, not really. I am a "lurker" that occasionaly voices my opinion. I do
see the humor in many posts and sit back and relish in them. But what is
wrong with "lurking?" It is similar to driving. One could say that the
"person" who is driving along at the posted speed limit in his 86 325es
with Sublime coming out of the stock stereo speakers with 12" of Punch
backing it up while the ***hole behind him in a 84 f***ed up ford
ranger is doing 40+ mph on a school campus. The "guy" in the BMW,
enjoying a peaceful drive in his car, is the luker. The guy that is
pulled off on the side of the road about to get a ticket for parking in
the bike lane because there is no other place on campus to park while he
goes and gets his nightly special, is the "non-lurker." I will explain
this better. It is fairly obvious that the "guy" in the BMW is the
lurker, but what about the guy on the side of the road? Well, he is
often giving his opinion to somebody about somebody or something that
the other person doesn't really care about, usually about what size
tires he has on his Chevy 4x4 10' in the air. Also about how much they
cost him and that his exhaust has no muffler to speak of, only a cherry
bomb on both sides. What I'm saying is that many of the people on the
digest talk about how to fix their cars and make them run better. I
would personally rather hear about the guy in the 86 325es getting
yelled at because "his" music is too loud and how he told the man back
that the speed limit is 30 and how the "guy" had to scratch grabbing
second to keep the ford from eating his bumper. Then the man in the ford
yelling back that "are you trying to tell me how top drive?" No, I just
wouldn't do that unless you drive a BMW so that you can outrun the
police when they catch you. I have no problems with hearing that one can
put 17's under the wheel wells of an e36 325 if you roll the fenders
like the M3's are, or how the same person needs to replace his water
pump because the earlier versions were prone to breaking, it is just
that I would rather hear about the guy later doing a break in on both by
doing 125 mph on the outskirts of town and saying that he enjoyed it.
"Flame suites doned and ready for action sir". "Good let the wheels
turn, and damnit can't somebody get more power out of this infernal
486."
Sorry for the WOB
Craig Robson
P.S. i did win the argument.