<e28> Rear Window Lift Problem

The weather was perfect the other night for a drive with all windows and
sunroof open.  Well, as I'm pulling in the garage rolling up the windows I
hear an awful noise from the driver side rear window. You know the sound. You
reluctantly look back to see if you window is still intact. Well, luckily mine
was. So today I finally get a chance to look at the window today. It seems
that the piece that the regulator connects to on the window is no longer
connected. How are they attached? What is the best way to reattach it? The
weather is finally cool enough to not need the A/C and I can't roll all the
windows down. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Albuquerque, NM
86 528
86 535i