Re: Need Advice from BMW GURUS

Franklin Joseph  writes:

> We estimated that the fan will produce about 2-3 pounds of boost.
> I would like to know if this will work.
> also, i know that i would need to increase my fuel for the extra air.
> would a fuel pressure riser work?
> thanks for the help.

Well i no real Guru, and I don't know if the fan will actually produce
the extra boost, but if it does then the extra air flow through the AFM
should take care of adjusting the fuel. That's what the AFM does -
measures the amount of air and then the computer calculates the required
amount of fuel.

> We are gonna use a 3" ducted blade fan with a high output motor. the fan and
> the motor is off a model plane. we are planning to put is behind the air flow
> meter.

We're pulling for you Orvil - have you thought of leaving the prop on
that motor, and strapping it to the roof of the car instead?

Cheers

Jim Cash
London, Ontario, Canada