<E28 533i> No power

This is my friends car.  you can either reply to me, or directly to him at
deja_vu2@domain.elided

<<<Here is the story I tried to plug in a new battery for my car before
school started but I connected the positive (+) in the negative (-) and
vice versa getting a reverse current. I ended up frying my alternator. I
got it changed with a new regulator. car was running fine for a week
until I tried to start the car the other day. the car would crank but it
wouldn't start, so far we have checked it and there is no electricity
going to my fuel pump and some other things we are worrying that we
shorted the car's computer. it won't start at all and its in the shop
they need any feedback so that this will make it easier. please help.

Deja~Vu