re: buying a V1

Paul wrote:
> i'm thinking of buying a V1 for my car, where is the best place to
> purchase one?? what price should i expect to pay? are there
> different models? BTW i'm in Oregon, if anyone on this digest is
> from Oregon and has a V1 could you please share your experiences
> with me on how well or not well V1 has worked in Oregon.

Working V1's are pretty hard to come by.  The only ones I know of
can be found here:

http://www.cosmo.org/museum.htm

Also, what model BMW do you have?  The V1 is going to be really hard
to mount in a concealed location.

Are the roads particularly twisty in Oregon?  This may pose a
problem for a V1-enhanced car.

Maybe a JATO would be a better choice.

- - Mark
  '95 M3, Sidewindered