Is it Real or Is it Memorex?

Fellow Posters:

I was wondering if many people have noticed a lot of "lurkers" on the
Digest with absolutely no sense of humor and a lot of anger.  I posted some
admittedly dry parody on drag racing and signed it Vinny Barbarino and got
a couple of extremely angry e-mails from people who obviously had a hard
time telling parody from reality.  Perhaps I need a few <burps> <grins> and
"HEY IT'S JUST A JOKE!!!" subtle messages in my text.  Anyway it's
interesting that there are about 50 really active, interesting posters (I'm
NOT all that active but I post when I have something to add) and another
bunch of moderate posters.  I would guess 80 or 90% of the readers are just
lurking in the background, some of whom are waiting to pounce.  I would
think that the Digest would work even better, like a car club would, with
active participation from more members.  Okay, I got that off my chest.
Now I feel better.
Donn York
Treasurer, The Interlake Corporation
(630) 719-7247