<E28> SI lights; what to do next?

    I have an '84 528e, and I followed the instructions in the FAQ to
reset the SI light.  I removed and replaced the Varta NiCad batteries
with new charged NiCad batteries (Radio Shack).  I am sure that the
batteries were fully charged since the in line orientation measured
2.7volts.  I have a 15 pin version on this model, and as suggested I
tried to jumper pins 1 and 7 but he light remained on.  When I tested
the #7 pin, with the ignition in the #2 position, I didn't get any
readings.  When I tested the #1 pin to ground for continuity, I also got
nothing.

1) Does anyone have any advice?

2) Also, pardon my ignorance, but what does <WOB> stand for?