Re: E32, "TAIL LAMP" indicator

Martin Miller writes

> The indicator come on and off that say's "TAIL LAMP". However,
> checking all of the signal and brake lights are working. How to
> resolve this sensor annoynace ??
>
> +Martin
>  88 750iL, aka "The Boat"

Martin the check system is telling you that the current flowing to one
of the "tail" lights is less than it should be.  This for the bulbs that
come on in the "parking light" position.

Things to check

- - bulbs - filament might be going open at times, or due to age the
reisitance has gone up and therfore the current flow is less.  Try new
bulbs (reported that solver base bulbs are better than brass base)
I am not sure if there ae 1 or 2 tail light bulbs on each side - they
are normally 5 watt bulbs.

- - sockets - all connection tight and free of corrosion.

- - wiring - all secure - also check connection of the brown ground wires
at the body ground position - inside of rear fenders somewhere - just
trace the wiring.

- - final issue may be with the check control sensor itself. I think your
car has a "bulb testing device" - but I do not know where it is located.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Jim Cash
London, Ontario, Canada