Re: E32, "TAIL LAMP" indicator

>The indicator come on and off that say's "TAIL LAMP". However,
>checking all of the signal and brake lights are working. How to
>resolve this sensor annoynace ??

>+Martin
>88 750iL, aka "The Boat"

Martin, early E32's were known for widespread electrical problems, but this
is most likely something more simple. Since you already checked and noticed
it appears to be working ok then it is most likely an intermittent problem
or short in the system. (Especially if you see this come on while driving
when you come into contact with bumps, hard turns, sudden stops, etc)
Replace the bulbs on both sides if they are very old (only use the aluminum
based BMW ones). If you still don't have any luck check the connections on
the socket itself. One of mine became burned away on my E36 so I added a
drop of solder and have never had another problem since. Alternatively you
can buy new ones at the BMW dealer for about $10 each.You can also pull out
the metal tabs as sometimes they get pushed in and don't properly connect,
especially as the car ages. I know how you feel as there is nothing worse
than having that message come up. You can't make it go away unless you shut
the car off and restart it. I feel so much better now that mine is fixed.
Best of luck!

Regards,

John

1990 750iL