1993 E30 Confusion

Hi All,

I've just traded the 318i for a '93 325iC  - a great ride.

I've got a "What's wrong with this picture?" problem.....

This car is definitely a '93 model - it was manufactured
in December, 1992.   However, it has the same E30 body style
that my '91 318 had.

Question:  What's the skinny on the E30 '93 325iC model when
all the other '93's are E36's  ?

There are some parts I'd like to order, but all the catalogs refer
to '93's as E36's and while I'm not an expert on the subject, I
know the E30 and I know I have an E30 '93 model.

Is this due to  BMW not changing the '93's convertibles to
the E36 styling?

If I might ask a 2nd question - what engine is in this car?   (the 318 had
an M42 I believe.

Best regards and thanks for the tips - I've been lurking on the list since
I picked up the 318i a few years ago and have found it a great source
of info (and at time quite a hoot!)

Thanks
Thomas