320i/is Trivia

Brian, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you know that rear deck
spoiler you want?

>Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:47:05 -0300
>From: Brian Jarvis <Brian.Jarvis@domain.elided>
>Subject: <Want to Buy> E21 (U.S.) "S"-Package Front Spoiler / Rear
>Deck "Wing"
>
>I am looking for an "excellent - near mint" front spoiler and rear deck
>wing that was part of the "S"port package on the '77 to '82 U.S. 320i.
>
>Brian

Well, it wasn't part of the 320is sport package.  The front air dam was
part of the package (not a pretty part, either!), but there was no rear
wing.  Rear wings were available at the time from the aftermarket, but
were not part of the package.  I'm not sure, but I don't even think BMW
NA offered one as an accessory for the E21.

BTW, in the U.S., the "is" wasn't offered until 1978, and then ran through
1983 (as far as I know they didn't drop it in 1983).  In my opinion, a more
important part of the sport package was the rear anti-sway bar.  It was
standard on the 320i in 1977, then deleted from the 320i from 1978 on.
However, it was part of the sport package from 1978 to 1983.

But, I hope you find all your parts, whatever they are.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977