<WOB>REPLY-Maxima vs. BMW?

Ron wrote about Maximas:
> -Why do Japanese and American cars have a dash mounted switch to
> turn on the cruise control, AND have the wheel or stalk mounted
> controls to actually set/deactivate the cruise controil?  Isn't it
> more convenient the way BMW has it...simply push the stalk to
> activate it, pull it to deactivate it. Simple.  Easy.  Convenient.

I absolutely agree with this sentiment.  Having a separate power
switch for the cruise control is asinine.

However, I'll add that BMW makes this mistake, too.  My parent's '95
740i has a cruise control power switch on the dash as well as the
steering-wheel mounted controls.

Sucks.

- - Mark
  '95 M3, Sharked, BLESSED and ERKed, X-braced
  '97 528i 5-spd, 540i Sport rims
- ---
Mark Dadgar
Product Manager