Re: Wrecked '86 325e for sale

bob smith wrote:

> Hello gang,
>
> My son had it for 4 days before he ran into the back end of a Buick,
> at great embarrassment to himself, and some expense to me.  This was
> 3 months ago, and I've changed my mind about a dozen times as what to
> do with it (given it had to collision insurance...).  But now, it's
> got to go as I'm providing my son (at my wife's insistance) with another
> car (an old Lincoln Continental, he he he...).

What happened to the days when kids were taught responsibility by
requiring that they work for/buy/assist in acquiring their own vehicles?
And for their own upkeep?  And for being responsible for damages?

Sounds like you'll be getting him a third vehicle in a few more
days....

>  It was hit in the right
> front end, to the tune of about $2500+ damage.  I've receipts for about
> $3K worth of new parts over the past coupla years (complete front end
> rebuild, new calipers, new hubs/knuckles, new sensors on engine, etc...),
> and if you are interested in a complete car, please email.  The car is
> in North Alabama, near the Tennessee border (3.5 hours to Atlanta, 2.5
> hours to Memphis, 6 hours to Indianapolis...), and while drivable, it
> woule need to be towed.  I would like to sell it to an individual interested
> in fixing it as opposed to a junk yard, and I'd like to get $1K for it.

Sell it to your kid!!

> Please email for more details if interested,
>
> cheers,
>
> -bob
>
> Bob Smith
> AI Signal Research
> (205)551-0008
> bsmith@domain.elided

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***