Gremlins in the Gas Tank

>Hi all, this weekend I had a problem with my 95 318is gas gauge.  I was
>very low on fuel so I stopped and filled up.  When I got back to the car
>and left the needle did not move from the spot it was in when I started to
>fill.

Dean,

Betch ya left your key in the ignition when you filled up, yes? For some
reason, this throws all BMW's into a funk when you do this.  Makes the gas
gauge get whacky for a couple of days. John Firestone can probably explain
the dynamics of it...I just know that both my 535i and M3 did it.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/P'Fest2
National Capital Chapter