Re: What is the next best sedan other than a BMW?

>Henry:
>How about an Audi A4, the 1.8T's are selling for about the same price as a
>318ti maybe a little more than a 626 though. It looks like a nice car for
>the money. BTW whats wrong with 2 BMW's in the driveway?
>
>Dave Larocque
>
>>My friend's got a E36 325is and his wife is looking to trade-in her
>>Mazda 626. She doesn't want two bimmers in the garage but is looking for
>>a car as good or close to her hubby's 325is (must be a 4D sedan).

The A4 is an excellent choice, especially for the money. The 1.8T's are
very nice, and fairly peppy - 0-60 in about 8 seconds, but feel even
peppier than that because their torque curve is quite flat from about 1800
to around 5000 or so (not sure, but it's pretty good). Pretty decent
handling, nice interior (way nicer than the 318ti's), and if you desire
more power and don't have anything against modification, you can chip it
(which essentially turns up the max turbo boost pressure) and get 0-60
numbers in the low 7's and high 6's. My friend has one nicely loaded and he
got his for around $26,000. I reccommend checking them out.