RE: Removing hood on E30

Hi Jim,

The hood is fairly easy to take off.  There's one bolt for the shock and
four up front by the hinge.  I was able to take it off and put it on by
myself, but it definately would have been easier with somebody to hold
the hood up.  I can't speak for the aligmnent because one of my fenders
is pushed slightly up (incident with a big pot-hole), so it didn't line
up correctly to begin with.

I agree with making the timing belt change much easier with the hood
off.  If it's time to change your coolant, the radiator comes out fairly
easily too, giving you a little more room still.

- --David Boyd, boydd@domain.elided
'84 325e 200k