Redline MTL & ATF in ///M5 & ///M6 transmissions, my experience

Digesters,
I have had less than desirable results from Redline synthetic MTL and ATF
in the transmissions of both of my 88 ///M6 and 91 ///M5.
Of course I want only the best for my cars, so I went against the BMW
Operating Fluid Specification manual which states: the synchronizers in the
M5 & M6 (filled with ATF) are not compatible with synthetic fluid.  Ya,
what do the engineers know anyway!!
I installed Redline MTL in both transmissions.  The Getrag in neutral
coffee grinder sound was significantly reduced(a good thing), but within
several thousand miles I was having occasional gear clashes (ouch) on down
shifts(4th to 3rd & 3rd to 2nd).  In several thousand additional miles I
was experiencing difficulty(delayed engagement) shifting into 1st gear from
neutral after disengaging the clutch.  1st gear engagements were most
problematic when the transmission was cold.
When I got tired of hearing gear clashes and delayed 1st gear engagements
with MTL I switched to Redline ATF with similarly dysfunctional results.
Of course, when I first started experiencing difficulties I called Redline
for technical advice.  They said, MTL and their ATF were compatible, no
problemo...
At one point on my ///M6, I would have to hunt(3rd, 2nd then 1st)  with the
shift lever to get the transmission to engage in 1st gear from neutral.  I
was almost convinced that the 1st gear synchros were shot and incapable of
braking the gear set.
I eventually(I really wanted to use synthetic gear lube) switched back to
ATF, Dextron II (the stuff BMW recommends) in both ///M cars and the
transmission synchros operation, neutral to 1st gear engagement, has
returned to more normal operation after only several hundred miles and I
have yet to experience a gear clashing during down shifting.
I'm sure, soon I can once again look forward to missing a shift and doing
another 4th to 1st down shift(I've done one without engine damage)!!  Oh!!
what fun...  I guess that was one benefit of Redline!!!
- -----
Rod...
e-mail: m6bigdog@domain.elided