removing lug nuts.

Hi there,
I'm having problems with removing the lug nuts on my 325es. I need to
remove the wheels to check the rotors, but the lug nuts are really tight.
I even tried standing on the wrench, but it doesn't work. I recently
changed my tires and I know the shop used an air wrench to tighten the
lugs. How am I to remove the wheels in case of a flat ? Is there a trick
to do it, or do I need a different wrench? Is it possible to tell the
people at the shop not to tighten the lugs too tight???

ANY advice would be appreciated,
Thanks

Greg