Tires for 8.5 x 17 wheels on 95M3

Although I can't comment on your 95 M3, you may find the following helpful:
I'm running 8.5" M Double Spoke 2's all around on my 97 M3, with Dinan Stage
3 suspension (includes camber "enhancement" -- swapped upper strut plates,
increases negative camber similar to camber plates on 95's) and 245/40 Yoko
AVS S1's.  No problems up front (or rear, of course); but, there is not a
whole lot of clearance up front between the top inside portion of the rim
and the strut (less than a finger's thickness) -- I expect this condition is
aggravated by the negative camber).  Although I have not run the car at the
track, I have encountered no clearance problems (e.g.., contact between the
wheels/tires and struts) in various enthusiastic driving; but, I would be
concerned about clearance with wider tires.  Incidentally, the wider fronts
(245's vs. stock 225's) made for noticeably increased (but not
objectionable) tramlining, which is to be expected -- 255's will further
increase tramlining.

Lew Becker