Z3 Convertible Top Problems?

Hello Fellow Bimmer Owners,
I have a request to anyone who owns a 1996 Z3 to please notify me if you
have had any problems with your convertible top. Please e-mail me your
phone number and I will call you.

I'm now on my fourth top. When the top is closed a part of the frame comes
in contact with the inside of the top causing two abrasive holes on each
side. These abrasive holes are located on the front right and left sides.
You'll be able to see it starting on the outside of the top, too.

Also, if anyone is aware of a technical service bulletin regarding this
problem I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy or tell me how to
locate one. I beleive that this was a problem with only the 1996 model
because BMW made corrective modifications to the frame the following year
model.

Thanks,

Keith