E30 M3 questions

I just bought a 1988 M3 with about 100,000 miles. Before I do any
modifications to it, I would like to have the car in perfect running
condition. For all you M3 experts out there I have couple of questions to
ask.

1) Other than the typical Inspection I and II, what other maintenance is
required for M3s. I have been told that you need to adjust the valves every
15k miles. Replace the water pump after how many miles? Plug wires and cap?
Intake gasket? Control arms? Chain tensioner? Chain?

2) My M3 is MUCH harder to shift than my other E30. Is it normal
for M3s to require such an effort when shifting? If not what could be the
problem? It became much better after changing the tranny fluid to MTL
but still require much more effort than other E30s.

3) This could be related to #2. When at idle, there seem to be a rattling
noise underneath. This noise disappears when I press the clutch. Any ideas?

4) As soon as the RPM hits 4000, the car resonates quite a bit. Is this
normal? Any ideas? Loose exhaust manifold bolt (a common problem I've been
told)? Worn engine mount?

Thanks for the answers.

Please e-mail directly to:
	schung@domain.elided