The mother of all dealer horror stories (or maybe not)<short>

O.K. I've got a good one fer ya. I got it from three people away from one
of the "allegedly" involved parties. No BMW or any BMW dealer were
involved.
This "allegedly" occurred at a local dealer (stealer really applies here).
A woman took her car to this dealer's 'service' department for a
tune-up/check over. She admittedly knew nothing about cars, so she didn't
even flinch when there was an ~$80 charge for a replacement water pump on
the bill plus labor, along with the rest of the tune up.
So she went home.
Her husband, a lawyer who did know about cars, became irate immediately
after seeing the bill and called the dealer and threatened to sue, if
they didn't take care of it.
Why?
She drove a Beetle.

Honest! (well, I heard it from someone who knows someone who knows the
'alleged" car-owner lawyer)
It may or may not be true, but if you knew this dealer, ever dealt
with this dealer, or knew former employees of this dealer, you would
believe it, too.

Usual disclaimers apply, and maybe a few special ones, too.

Fine, don't believe me!

Neil Hitze
BMW CCA #140931
'91 318is