<02> odometer problem

The odometers(trip and regular) on my 1975 2002 are acting up. The other
day, while driving, I noticed that neither odometer was moving. The
speedometer is fine, but not the odometers. Then, I noticed that each of
the last 5 mornings, as I back out of my driveway, the tenths on the
trip odometer starts to edge backwards, and then my odometers work for
between 4 and 12 miles, till they stop dead again. I have tried backing
up when I leave work each day(at Camden Yards), but cannot get the
odometers to move at that time. I am currently driving @ 150 miles a
day, so I'm not getting all of the miles registered on the car. I know,
I know, it just keeps the mileage "down" on the car, which might be good
for resale, but I have no plans on ever selling her. Every car I've had
before this one, if the odometer didn't work, neither did the speedo. My
speedo works just fine(it HAS to, or the local bubble-gum machines would
get me in a heartbeat on the BW Parkway!!).  Any suggestions here would
be appreciated.

TIA,
Jerry Roberson
BMWCCA 157891
1975 2002 112,057 miles and not counting(48 miles clocked this week,
600+ driven)