E30 M3

I have a few questions about my new (to me) M3.

1.  I think the car has an Autoauthority chip.  Where is the brain located
so that I can check,  and would I be better off with a Jim C chip.

2.  Can someone please help me find a manual for this car.  I like to do as
much work as I can but want to read about it first.

BTW, I just sent in my check for Pizzafest II.  I have my (hairy) eye on
that set of wheels.  See everyone in 2-1/2 weeks.

Steve Nash
BMWCCA NCC
1989 M3
1974 2002