Pennsylvania BMW auction?

I've been shopping around the Western, NY area for a decent E30 and have caught
wind of something interesting.  First of all, nobody seems to have what I want
right now (none of the very FEW applicable dealers, anyway), but it seems that
a lot of dealers are planning on picking up some cars later this week.  There is
a used car auction somewhere in Pennsylvania this Thursday, Sept 17.  I'm under
the impression that this auction consists mostly of bimmers, but I don't know
for sure.  Anyway, I don't know anything about the used car business, but I
DEFINITELY want to find out more about this auction.  Anyone heard about it?
Do you have to be a registered dealer to go?  When, where, etc.?  I see no
reason to let a middle man pick out my car for me, so if I can find a way, I'd
like to get to this auction myself.  Thanks for any help.

Regards,
John P.
- -an E30 in my dreams