Re: mint M3 for $3850?

On Monday, 24 September 1998, John Bolhuis questioned:

No, not necessarily a scam, but a *reserve* auction.  This means
the seller specifies a (hidden) minimum he's willing to accept.
If the highest bid is below the minimum, the sale need not be
completed and the item can be reposted.

IIRC, this is the second time this car has been posted, last time
at an apparently higher reserve.  I just checked, bidding is up to
$8500, with a day to go.

Personally I'd be rather hesistant to buy a car this way, but if
the price is right....

Steve Goldstein
BMWCCA 53191