Re: Tires for the 750iL

<From: "John Ward" <jtward@domain.elided>
<Subject: Re: Tires for the 750iL
<
<I already asked about tires for my 3er, but while on the subject my dad has
<a '90 750iL, 55k and it's going to need some new tires. (stock 15" rims)
<What are some decent all around performance/ride tires for it? I've been
<told to look into Bridgestone Turanza's and Michelin Pilot's. Given the
<torquey V12 and the heavy weight of this car, I want some high quality
<tires.

I use Michelin Pilot XGT V4's on my 750 and love them.  They are smooth,
quiet, and perform well.  They also have a decent tread life and are V speed
rated.  Make sure you get the Pilots and not the regular XGT V4s.  I think I
paid around $120 each for my tires.

Prakash Maggan
'95 318ti Club Sport
'92 DINAN 750iL