Re: hot headers & heat shield

http://www.thermotec.com

	They make several products, including a tape wrap and header jackets
that really take the heat out of your engine compartment.  also quiets
the racket under the hood.  Take a look, and get you a roll and tape
those headers up.  Its like a silica wool fiber tape you wrap around the
header pipes and clamp on with stainelss clamps.  If you prefer black,
they make a spray-on hardener that you spray on to the wrap when you are
done, which als protects the hwrap from stains and makes the surface
tough.

	Best done with the header off the vehicle, you still can do a great job
with them on the vehicle, depending on your creativity and flexibility.

	Turbo owners, they have turbo covers as well, which help make more
boost (supposedly, I wouldn't go looking for much increase myself) and
more importantly heep the heat away from the rest of your stuff.

	You can also get insulation for your wiring bundles and AC pipes there
as well.

	YMMV, usual disclaimers, I get no kickbacks, I just know it works.
- --

RangeR
  BoB
Hembrook

'89 BMW 750iL                   "Sputnik"         91k
'89 Suzuki Samurai 4x4          "Sammy"           94k
'88 Kawasaki ZX-10                                28k