Road Rage Was: Bizarre Friday morning commute

Hi all.

<rant on>

Roger (jarjour@domain.elided) writes about pond life in cheap cars giving him a
hard time for having the sheer cheek to drive a BMW. I sympathise. After
three-and-a-half years of BMW ownership I have finally had the displeasure
of coming face-to-face with brazen stereotypicism (is there such a word?)
and narrow-mindedness. From a constable of Her Maj's Police Force, no less,
who stopped me in Regent's Park the other day for driving "aggressively". I
initially asked him what exactly I was supposed to have done, and even *I*
could feel the bile rising in his throat. "Well," he said, "just because
all BMW drivers drive aggressively doesn't give you the right to do it as
well!". Hmm. I was going to ask if he was on the take/had he run out of
donuts/was he the good cop or the bad cop, but then I realised that this
officious prick had the power to throw me in jail for the night, so I let
him caution me for overtaking a bicyclist too close 400 yards back (who,
oddly, was nowhere to be found to give evidence) and I will fight the
arrogant f**ker in court. And like it. And win.

Ha!

<rant over, cheers>

Regards

Andrew T