Re: Bizarre friday morning commute

Well i wasn't goint to bring this up, but since roger brings up "road-rage"
or better yet, how people can't drive.  I am a teenager in southern
california.  And we have to put up with lots of CRAP.  they make it like
we're a bunch of statistics; will get a ticket in less than 6 months,
accident within a year.  well i've been driving for a year and a half, and
i have a perfect driving record (knock on wood).  I find, and especially
around my school, that the parents are worse drivers than the students!
They have attitudes, break laws, make up their own laws, and think that
just because there's teenagers around when a cop is watching that they'll
get off scott free.  Well here's a stastic that came from my school.  One
day they brought out 20 officers and went on a frenzy.  they gave over 250
parents tickets while only 20 students got tickets, all in a 1 day period
of time.  90% of the accidents within 1 mile of the school are parent
related.  I'm all for this, and i'll take arguments against it.  when u
renew your license every 4 years, you have to take a written test, one in
which u have 1 day notice.  I mean we should all know these laws, but it's
amazing how many people don't even know what the red flashing lights are
for on the back of a school bus.  And maybe every 8 years a driving test is
given.  California is NOT a fun place to drive, especially when people
don't know what they're doing.  Oh, and if you're wondering, i was all for
the new California-teen driving law.

- -Jake
      __/ / / / / /_/ / __   1984 318i
     /_  / / / / __  / / /  166,000 mi