CB Radios (very long, part 3 of 3)

This part will cover sources of CB radios.

Canadians:  when ordering from the US, be very careful about shipping
charges.  When the vendors below tell you what shipping will cost, they
don't include the GST and the Excise taxes.  And in the case of UPS, they
don't include the $45 Brokerage Fee (to get the package through customs).
Next weekend I'll try to post the procedures on clearing your own package to
avoid UPS's gouging $45 brokerage fee.

Americans:  when ordering from a Canadian source, read the above paragraph
with appropriate substitutions.

J.C.R.E. International (http://www.jcre.com)
- ----------------------
A mail-order vendor of almost all models mentioned above.

Coaxkid's left Coast Radio (http://www.ctsserver.com/~coaxkid/)
- --------------------------
Another mail-order vendor of almost all models mentioned above.

Bill's 2 Way Radio (http://www.bills2way.com/)
- ------------------
Another mail-order vendor of almost all models mentioned above.  I think
this one is in the Seattle area.

Thomas Distributing (http://thomas-distributing.com/)
- -------------------
Another mail-order vendor of almost all models mentioned above.

COPPER ELECTRONICS (http://www.copper.com/)
- ------------------
Another mail-order place, but they seem to be about 10% cheaper than Thomas
Distributing for CB radios, and slightly more for antennas.

J.C.Whitney (http://www.jcwhitneyusa.com/)
- -----------
Has everybody heard of this company?  They have free 200 page catalogs.
     J.C. Whitney sells a model that is just like the Cobra 75WX ST for
about the same amount of money as most US mail-order places.
Unfortuneately, it looks like a previous generation of the 75WX ST because
it is missing a couple of buttons and it isn't as organically designed (that
is, the mic has corners).

AMP
- ---
AMP is a store in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area.  I've included them
because I have intended this post for the BMW Car Club of BC members, most
of whom live in the area.  They are in the Richmond AutoMall, between the
Nissan and Ford dealers.
     This company is the only K40 distributor in the Vancouver area, I
think.  They also have most models listed above.  Unfortuneately, their
prices are about 25% higher than DX Communications, listed next.

DX Communications (http://www.dlcwest.com/~dx.comm/)
- -----------------
[Shameless plug]  I've saved the best for last.  I bought a K40 and a Cobra
HH45WX from this company.  This company is a mail-order company out of
Saskatchewan, Canada.  They have the K40 antenna for $52 (about US$35)!  If
you're Canadian, this is the place to shop.  Their prices are about the same
as US mail-order prices (after converting to the Canadian peso).

Well, that's the total of my CB knowledge.  Hope it helped somebody...

Thanks to all who gave me advice,
Dean
'96 328is
BMW CCA