Synthetic oil change and oil service reset light questions

Hello fellow bimwads!

Just did my first oil service on my 1995 325i and I have a few questions
for anyone who can answer them.
1. I used mobil 1 10w30 synthetic oil.  Is this a good weight to use or
should I have gone with 20w50?  I live in L.A. California and it has
been pretty hot down here lately and I'm not sure if that will have some
kind of effect on how hot my car runs.
2. I purchased a reset tool from "Imparts" (works great! I think?) and
I'm not sure that I reset the oil service properly.  The oil service
light itself turned off but now I have all the green lights on.  Is this
the way it should be?  With my previous 1984 325 all the lights would be
off and turn on as the car would get closer to its oil service
interval.So do all the green lights stay on and turn off as the car gets
closer to its next oil service?

These questions might be lame to some of you but a wise man once told me
"a stupid question is a question that is not asked".TIA!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i w/sports package
New Los Angeles chapter bmwcca member!!