Re: Motorcycle elitism

Chris/all

	In my 10 years of riding I would have to agree with what you say about
some riders.  Harley riders almost NEVER wave at sport bikes.  Beamer
riders tend to wave at other Beamers.  Hell, I wave at everybody, and
almost all of the jap bike riders wave back (except for some arrogant
types).

	I think it all boils down to personality.  The yuppie assh**es who
bought all of the E-30's when they were fashion statements in the '80's
have moved on to another trend, whether it be Harleys or SUVs or
whatever, but the cool thing is that they left behind all of these cool
cars for us to pick up used...  They folow trends, no matter what they
may be.  Men with earrings, Ponytails, tatoos, Platform shoes, Smoking,
all were around before, and suddenly hit critical mass, everyone did
them for a while, then they lost trendy status and died away back to
their original group.  BMWs and Harleys are the same way.

	Hope noone takes offense at this.  Not looking to criticize anyone on
the basis of whether they do/do not have a ______ (fill in the blank)
just analyzing some trends, which I named by name.

	I would have to say, that the status seekers probably do not patronize
this list very much, this list seems to be more for the gearheads and
people who bought BMWs for what they are, not the associations that they
bring.  Except (donning nomex) the fascination with clear euro blinkers
on US spec cars...  I still don't get that.  Maybe its just me.

	Thanks for the bandwidth.  Always wave, smile and be friendly,
regardless if you are passing a ZX-10, a Samurai, or a 750iL.  They
could be me...  :)

- --

 RangeR
   BoB
 Hembrook

 '89 BMW 750iL                   	"Sputnik"	92k
 '89 Suzuki Samurai 4x4          	"Sammy"   	94k
 '88 Kawasaki ZX-10					28k