<E36> Ignition Lock Problem

My M3 is quite new, so I don't know how common this may be. After
checking around FAQs and other sites, I've come up empty. So, here's a
description of the problem:

When turning off the ignition, more often than not, the locking bolt
does not engage the steering column. So, when opening the door, it
chimes as though I left the keys in the ignition.

The car is about 3 months old, and this has been going on for about 3
weeks now. Sometimes I hear the bolt "click" into position, and all is
well.

Have any of you heard of this? Any solutions?
Thanks in advance.
- --