Goodbye 1997 M3

> Last weekend, my 1997 M3/4 was totaled in a freeway accident.

Glad to hear you walked away, sorry for your loss.

> To increase my chances against a truck next time, I'm willing
> to trade some fun for peace of mind.  Maybe a 5 series sport?

I have a 5 series, (1991 M5), and have a blast with it. I believe someone on
this list mentioned that Steve Dinan has a newer, (1998?), 540i and has done
nothing to it except negative camber plates. If true, it says something
about the performance aspect/fun factor of the newer 540i machines; you may
not be giving up that much. BTW, my wife has a 1997 M3 so I have comapred
them directly, (was mine for a year-story for another time<grin>).

- -james