locking

Double lock (maybe the "relock" you heard) prevents the door lock buttons =
from working.  When single locked, you can lift up the door button and =
open the door.  When double locked, the door button is disabled, so if =
someone breaks a window, he (she?) can't unlock the doors and get in, but =
has to climb through the broken window.  On later models (1996-> or so) =
the double lock also closes the windows and sunroof.
I don't know how the fob works since I have a Clifford alarm which locks, =
douible locks, and sets alarm.
Good luck -- and check the manual!
Rob
'97 328i