Re: E36 95M3 LSD vs 97M3 LSD?

The differentials are completely interchangeable.  The only difference is the
one you noted.  The 97 diffs come with both type of flanges installed on them
from the factory.  We've had both types in stock from a 97 M3.  You can either
ask what type of flange the diff has when you are looking to purchase one, or
you can replace it after you buy it (I would recommend having this done by a
skilled tech as you can destroy the diff if the flange is not torqued properly
when installed).  Hope that helps.  Any other questions, let me know...

Gener wrote:

> Does anyone know if the 97M3 differentials are supposed to be retro-fittable
> to the 95M3 differentials?
>
> I noticed that the differential drive shaft flange on my 95 M3 (3/94 prod)
> has a 6 BOLT Pattern while the 97 has only a 4 BOLT pattern.  Prior to
> seeing this, I thought that the only difference between the two was the
> Final Drive Ratio of 3.15 (95) to 3.23 (97)?
>
> Gene Liu
> http://members.aol.com/agspeed
> Turbo'd 95 ///M3

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com