Re: M Coupe (and other porky BMWs)

And wouldn't you know that about an hour after writing that the M Coupe
weighs in at 3131 lb (BMW NA web site), the latest issue of Car and
Driver shows up in my mailbox saying that the car is about 80 lb lighter
than expected. That's good, but still heavy. The example in the article
doesn't seem to have a sunroof, so maybe that's the difference if BMW NA
states the weight for a fully optioned model.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the manufacturer's stats from BMW NA and
US Porsche web sites on the M Coupe (with the C&D weight added), 911,
and  Boxter.

		M Coupe		911		Boxter
Length		158.5		174.4		171.0
Width		68.5		69.5		70.1
Height		50.4		51.4		50.8
Wheel Base	96.8		92.5		95.2
Track F/R	55.0/58.7	57.3/59.1	57.7/60.2
Engine		3.2L/I6/240	3.4L/H6/296	2.5L/H6/201
Weight		3131 (3049)	2910		2756

What the heck is the M Coupe made of - depleted uranium?
- --
Ron Katona