Seeking E30 information

Lost my 84 318i due to the inability of someone who thought they could brake
as well as I could.  According to the there insurance company my car is
totaled so now I am trying to move up to a 325 but do not know enough about
the particulars of that type.  Had my 318i for almost eight years and know
it quite well but I can honestly say that there are things about the E30
with six cylinders that I do not know anything about.

I found one that I think I can purchase for a fair price but I would like to
know about what I should look for that might sway my decision one way or the
other.

This particular car had the yellow waring light flashing in the center of
the insturment cluster.  My 318 does not have this warning light and I know
it has something to do with the OBC but I do not know the meaning of the
flashing light.  Can anyone enlighten my on this issue and any others.

Mark P.
mark@domain.elided