Re: need big socket

This may be a waste for those of you who work on your car a lot, but if
you are somewhat of a hack like myself  (oil changes, brake pads, basic
maintenance) please heed this.  A socket as big as 46mm with a torque
setting of over 200ft./lb. in Jerry's case (correct me if I'm wrong) will
require one HELL of a lot of force to break loose.  I recently tried to
break loose a brake caliper bolt that the gorilla at the dealership put
on with an air wrench.  I ended up having to enlist the aid of a very
large friend with an equally large breaker bar to break that bastard
loose, and I thought the car was going to come off the jack stands in the
process.  Another friend who is a certified mechanic had his jaw
shattered by a ratchet that flew back on him (don't ask me how THAT
happened).

Moral: PLEASE.........BE...........CAREFUL!!!!

Gary Buff
95 318ti
tyro mechanic

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

End of bmw-digest V9 #144