Re: Driver's School Follies

>Duane writes:
>An excerpt from the Oct. '98 CAR & DRIVER, John Phillips editorial on
>the hazards of being an Instructor:
>
>....Terry Earwood, the 50-year-old chief instructor at the Skip >Barber
school remembers a woman in a BMW M3 at Lime Rock.  "That car >didn't
have more than 15 miles on it" Earwood says with a sigh. "She >got going
too fast on the autocross, and she gave it a little >correction and a
great whack of power. The M3 went right off the >track sideways into the
sand and rolled onto the passenger door. So >now I have sand up to my
right elbow, but she's STILL DRIVING. In >fact, she's giving it full
throttle, even though the car's on its >side. I said to her, 'Darlin',
that's about all the throttle we're >gonna need for a while.' .....

>Hmmm......wonder if she knew about Bubba-Rent-A-Dead-Deer,
Incorporated?

I recommend everybody read the whole article.  I laughed out loud while
reading these stories.  I think the best story was about the "shotgun
event" in the terrorist training.  Remember, the best off road vehicle
is a rental car...Always get the full insurance.

If I'm ever asked to be an instructor, I'll think twice.

Andy Peavy
91 535i
email: m5wannab@domain.elided