Re: 523i US Spec?

I'm a bit behind with the mail, but in case no-one else has answered, Perry
Shang (scsi_one@domain.elided) asks:

> Today after I went to Waterford Hill Race track to see some racing
> action.  I found there is a new purple 523i in the lot.  I have no idea
> where it came from.  I was just wondering that do we get 523i here in
> the US, or somebody else import it from other place.  I know there is
> 520i in BMW line-up.  I have never seen a 523i, just checking.
The one you saw will have been imported, as AFAIK the 523i is not imported
to the States. It is available in Europe in both sedan and Touring form
with the same 2494 cc 6-pot as the E36 323i. Its spec in Europe is almost
exactly the same as the 528i; just the engine is different.

Cheers

Andrew T
'95 318is.