Subject: E46 Wheels and Tires

RIck
Go for the 16 inch wheels, but get Blizzaks for the winter, either 15 or =
16 inch.  All seasons really don't cut it.  Ask me how I know!=20
 My 325i with all seasons was almost dangerous is any real snow unless the =
road was real flat, even with AST.   I slid down two hills (backwards) =
with them.  Now I have a 328i with 225/50/16 Dunlops for non-winter, =
205/60/15 Blizzaks, and 235/45/17 R1s for fun.  You just can't expect one =
set of tires to work in every situation in a performance car.  Sure, my =
wife's Toyota Avalon can get by -- front wheel drive,  less aggressive =
engine and handling, etc.  But for the real thing, get the right set up.  =
15 inch Blizzaks on steel wheels are only $500.  Great investment.
Also, see if you can get a dealer upgrade on the tires.  Use the 16 inch =
rims and get 225/50/ZR16 performance tires, a popular BMW size.  Then =
you'll be prepared for summer and winter.
Good luck.
Rob
'97 328i sport pkg, BL/SSS

Steele@domain.elided