RE: Changing to Synthetic Oil

He said warms up faster WITH synthetic, because it flows faster cold than
regular.  As to running cooler, that's plausible for the OIL temps (not
water) due to less friction from the uniform synthetic molecules vs. the
mishmash of regular ones.

Here's a point for flame debate though.  Guys on the Corvette list have
found that Redline consistently had higher oil/water? temps than Mobil 1.
Speculation due to Redline's use of only one type of base stock and also not
being approved by the API or whatever governing body.  YMMV.  Mobil 1 works
for me at $2.84/qt.

Gary Lin     Burke, VA     National Capital Ch.
'88 325is lachssilber   Conforti, Supersprint, ///M susp., Ints., R1's